- Academic performance
- Intellectual curiosity
- Community involvement
- Potential for growth
- Particular talents, hobbies, and passions
- The capacity for positive relationships with adults and peers
- Individual expression and open-mindedness
If you have questions about the application process, please call or email the Admissions Office at email@example.com.
- All application materials must be submitted to the Admissions Office by January 15.
- Admissions decisions will be returned to applicants on March 10.
- All admitted students should notify us of their decision to enroll by April 10.
Step 1: Request Information and Create an Online Account
Concord Academy uses Ravenna Solutions, an online admissions system, to streamline the admissions process for families. After completing our ‘Inquire’ form, please create an account when prompted at the end of the form. Please use an email address that you will have access to throughout the admissions process and be certain to save your login credentials.
Creating a Ravenna account will allow you to:
- Complete the student and parent portions of the application if using the Ravenna application
- Send requests for letters of recommendation to your student’s teachers via email
- Check the status of the application
- Receive your decision on March 10
Other Ways to Apply
CA also accepts applications from the Gateway to Prep Schools application, as well as the Student Application Online (SAO)*. Applicants using the Gateway or SAO application do not need to complete the Ravenna application forms; however, regardless of which application you use, a Ravenna account is necessary.
*Applicants using the SAO should be certain to complete the CA supplemental form found on that application.
Step 2: Schedule an Interview
We want to get to know you better throughout the application process, so we require applicants to interview. Please visit our Interviews, Tours, and Events page for more information about scheduling an interview.
Step 3: Student and Parent/Guardian Forms
The family portion of the application includes basic biographical information, a student application, and a parent/guardian statement. These forms should only be completed on one application platform (Ravenna, Gateway, or SAO).
Step 4: Transcripts, Attendance Records, and Letters of Recommendation
Your application includes documents to request:
- Current year grades
- Your report card/transcript from the prior academic year
- A recommendation from your guidance counselor/secondary school placement counselor, or another appropriate school official.
- A recommendation from your current year English teacher.
- A recommendation from your current year math teacher.
Step 5: Standardized Test Scores OR Graded Writing Sample and Graded Math Test
Applicants may choose to submit an official score report from the SSAT or ISEE.
Applicants who do not submit results from standardized testing must submit a graded writing sample and a graded math test. Ideally, the graded writing sample should be a 2 – 3 pages long analytical or expository paper that includes teacher comments and the grade, if grades are given. The math test should be a unit or chapter test taken after November 1 of the current school year and graded by your current math teacher.
If English is not your primary language, we require you to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language exam (TOEFL IBT or ITS), the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or Duolingo, and submit an official score report. CA’s TOEFL code is 2255.
If an international applicant’s primary language is English or if the applicant has attended an English-speaking school within the United States for the past three years, please request a waiver of this requirement by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 6: Visual and Performing Art Submissions (Optional)
In order to optimize the visual and performing arts review, please submit all supplemental materials on the “Optional Supplemental Materials” form in Ravenna. This form accepts links only. Links should not be password protected. Supplemental materials or links submitted through other means (i.e. through email or on the SAO or Gateway applications) can not be reviewed. If you are applying through SAO or Gateway, please email our office to request the “Optional Supplemental Materials” form.