Your retirement plan may be worth more when donated to Concord Academy than to your heirs.
The IRA charitable rollover provision of the Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act of 2015, passed by Congress on December 18, revives the opportunity for individuals age 70½ and older to make direct transfers totaling up to $100,000 per year to 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations, without having to count the transfers as income for federal income tax purposes.
What are the benefits to you?
- You can transfer IRA assets directly to Concord Academy without paying income tax on the withdrawal
- The amount of the charitable transfer will count toward your annual minimum required distribution
- You may contribute up to $100,000.
- The funds must be transferred from a traditional IRA or a rollover IRA directly to Concord Academy
Steps to take to make a Charitable IRA Rollover gift to Concord Academy:
1. Contact your IRA plan administrator for its specific transmittal form to request a gift transfer from your IRA to Concord Academy.
2. Inform us of the designation of your gift.
You may do so by noting the designation at the bottom of your direction letter and submitting by mail, fax, or e-mail attachment. You may also send an e-mail to either of the addresses below with your name, contact information, IRA administrator name, gift amount, and designation information.