Congratulations on your child earning a position on a CA fall team sport! It is an honor to represent CA on the field, trail, or court. Your child will be in great hands, as our fall coaching staff is a committed and talented group of educators.
As the season kicks off, we want to point out a few items to assist you in following/supporting your child’s team in the coming weeks:
- The game schedule is posted on the website team pages, noting dates, opponents, start times, and results. We recommend that you find directions to away game sites via the opponents’ websites. Be sure to look for directions to your sport of interest, as many schools use off-site facilities.
- The fall standard practice schedule can be found here. Please note that you will need to scroll down below the game schedule in order to find the section with practice information.
- We highly recommend that you set your notifications to receive important alerts about schedule changes (e.g., postponements and/or cancellations). Please see the athletics section of the website for assistance. Game cancellations due to weather will be posted no later than 1:30 p.m. on game day. While it is rare that practices will be canceled due to weather, if needed, a notification will be sent to your child via the Schoology team page.
- Please click here to find the Athletics Department Code of Conduct which I reviewed with the fall team sport athletes in an organizational meeting once rosters were announced. The purpose of the code of conduct is to provide consistent policies, procedures, and expectations across all athletic programming. In order to be eligible to compete on a team sport at CA, students must sign and submit the Code of Conduct.
- Please note that, as is described in the code of conduct, students may depart an away game site with a member of their family, after being dismissed by the coach. However, if you prefer your child to depart an away game site with a teammate’s parent, we ask that you send a “release email” to Sue Johnson, director of athletics, or the coach prior to bus departure that day. You may also choose to send one “seasonal release email” allowing your child to depart away games with a designated teammate’s parent throughout the fall.
- CA athletics looks forward to working with parent liaisons, Cindy DeChristofaro and Jill Guzzi. The parent liaisons focus on outreach to in-season team sports parents about ways to support a great experience for the team and staff. Look for a welcome message in your inbox from Cindy and Jill with ways to get involved in supporting your child’s team.
CA believes that athletics are integral to the overall mission of the school. In addition, participation on a team provides students with a unique learning environment due to the inherent challenges that arise in sport. Our coaches look forward to using a combination of challenge and nurture, in a fun and compelling environment, to help your children learn life skills and values, improve upon sport-specific skills and move their bodies!
Please feel free to reach out to Sue Johnson, director of athletics, at any time if you have questions or concerns. We look forward to providing your child with an exciting growth experience through athletics this fall.