Dear Parent a of Spring Team-Sport Athlete,
Congratulations on your child earning a position on a CA spring team sport! It is an honor to represent CA on the playing field. Your child will be in great hands, as our spring coaching staff is a committed and talented group of educators.
As the director of athletics, my focus is to support the students and coaches as they pursue their team and individual goals this spring. I want to point out a few items to assist you in following/supporting your child’s team this season:
- The game schedule is posted on the website team pages with dates, opponents, start times, and results. We recommend that you find directions to away-game sites via the opponent’s website. Be sure to look for directions to your sport of interest, as many schools use off-site facilities.
- You may find the standard spring outdoor practice schedule here. Note that on rainy days most teams will practice indoors for two hours between 3:30 and 6:30 p.m. The coaches will share the rainy day schedule with your child by no later than 1:30 p.m. on these inclement weather days.
- We highly recommend that you set your notifications to receive important alerts about schedule changes (e.g., postponements and/or cancellations). Please see the athletics section of the website for assistance. Game cancellations due to weather will be posted no later than 1:30 p.m. on game days.
- Please click here to find the Athletics Department Code of Conduct, which I will review this week in an organizational meeting with the team-sport athletes. The purpose of the code of conduct is to provide consistent policies, procedures, and expectations across all athletic programming.
- In order to be eligible to compete on a team sport at CA, students must sign and submit the code of conduct and obtain a guardian signature each season.
- Please note that, as is described in the code of conduct, students may depart an away-game site with a member of their family once dismissed by the coach. However, if you prefer that your child departs an away-game site with a teammate’s parent, we ask that you send a “release email” to me or the coach prior to bus departure that day. You may also choose to send a “seasonal release email” allowing your child to depart away games with a designated teammate’s parent throughout the spring.
CA believes that athletics are integral to the overall mission of the school. In addition, team sport presents a unique learning environment due to the many challenges that inevitably arise. Our coaches look forward to using a combination of challenge and nurture, in a fun and compelling environment, to help your child learn and improve upon sport-specific skills, learn life skills and values, pursue excellence, and move their bodies!
Please feel free to reach out to me at any time if you have questions or concerns. We look forward to supporting your child through an exciting growth experience via athletics throughout the spring.
Director of Athletics