Congratulations on your child earning a position on a CA winter team sport! It is an honor to represent CA on the court, slope, and mat. Your child will be in great hands, as our winter coaching staff is a committed and talented group of educators.
As the director of athletics, my focus is to support the students and coaches as they pursue their team and individual goals this winter. I wanted to point out a few items to assist you in following/supporting your child’s team in the coming weeks:
- The game schedule is posted on the website team pages, noting dates, opponents, start times, and results. We recommend that you find directions to away game sites via the opponents’ websites. Be sure to look for directions to your sport of interest, as many schools use off-site facilities.
- We highly recommend that you set your notifications to receive important alerts about schedule changes (e.g., postponements and/or cancellations). Please see the athletics section of the website for assistance. Game cancellations due to weather will be posted no later than 1:30 p.m. on game day. While it is rare that practices will be canceled due to weather, if needed, a notification will be sent to your child via the Schoology team page.
- Please click here to find the Athletics Department Code of Conduct, which I reviewed with the winter team sports athletes in an organizational meeting once rosters were announced. The purpose of the code of conduct is to provide consistent policies, procedures, and expectations across all athletic programming. In order to be eligible to compete in a team sport at CA, students must sign and submit the Code of Conduct.
- Please note that, as is described in the code of conduct, students may depart an away game site with a member of their family, after being dismissed by the coach. However, if you prefer your child to depart an away game site with a teammate’s parent, we ask that you send a “release email” to me or the coach prior to bus departure that day. You may also choose to send one “seasonal release email” allowing your child to depart away games with a designated teammate’s parent throughout the winter.
- CA athletics looks forward to working with parent liaisons Cindy DeChristofaro and Jill Guzzi. The parent liaisons focus on outreach to in-season team sports parents about ways to support a great experience for the team and staff.
CA believes that athletics are integral to the overall mission of the school. In addition, team sport presents a unique learning environment due to the many challenges that inevitably arise. Our coaches look forward to using a combination of challenge and nurture, in a fun and compelling environment, to help children learn and improve upon sport-specific skills, learn life skills and values, and move their bodies!
Please feel free to reach out to me at any time if you have questions or concerns. We look forward to providing your child with an exciting growth experience through athletics this winter.
Director of Athletics