Job Title: Mental Health Counselor Leave Replacement
Shift/Hours: 25 hours per week
Reports to: Director of Health Services
Dates: Jan 6, 2020-May 29, 2020
Summary: Under the supervision of the Director of Health Services, the mental health counselor meets with students to provide short term counseling, to make assessments about other therapeutic needs, and to make referrals to outside therapists for those students needing longer-term mental health counseling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide individual mental health counseling to students.
- Maintain confidential records on students receiving counseling.
- Participate in the referral process.
- Consult with faculty, staff, administrators, and parents on student mental health issues as appropriate and needed.
- The applicant must have at least a Master’s level degree and be licensed: LMHC, LCSW, LICSW, PsyD, all are encouraged to apply.
- Preference will be given to applicants with at least 5 years experience providing mental health services in a school or similar setting.
- Communicate clearly and effectively, in writing and orally, with others.
- Manage crisis situations with composure and clarity.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Perform confidently as a team member.
- Integrate well with all members of the larger school community.
- Creative problem solver.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Director of Student Health & Support Services
For more information about Concord Academy, please visit our website: concordacademy.org.