We are seeking a Director of Studies beginning July 1, 2019. The successful Director of Studies will provide strategic leadership in teaching and learning while partnering with school leaders to support a vibrant and inclusive academic curriculum. Reporting to the Academic Dean, the Director of Studies oversees student course management and academic progress, leads the Academic Support Center, and serves as a member of the faculty.
- Provide leadership in teaching & learning best practices, pursuing professional development around pedagogical trends and developing networks with other visionary schools and institutions.
- In partnership with the Community & Equity Office, work to sustain and build programs and initiatives to onboard students, promote inclusion and equity, and help all students access the full extent of a Concord Academy education.
- Collaborate with IT on academic technology initiatives.
- Advance academic and curricular initiatives as a member of the Department Heads group.
- Oversee student course registration and add/drop process, as well as mid-year course changes, withdrawals, and audits.
- In partnership with the College Counseling Office & Registrar, guide student progress toward graduation requirements and “right fit” course loads.
- Oversee Academic Support Center, including management and scheduling of ASC staff/tutors, and ASC budget.
- Oversee neuropsych testing and accommodations, including coordinating testing with students and families, reviewing test results with Student Support Services, and developing CA Academic profiles and accommodations.
- Together with Academic Dean, provide resources and support for families with concerns around their student’s academic progress.
- Manage Concord Academy’s partnership with Global Online Academy.
- Coordinate with the Student Life Office to oversee application and progress of students at Semester Away programs.
- Oversee Standardized Testing Coordinator (PSAT, SAT, AP).
- Oversee Makerspace Coordinator
- Carry a half-time teaching load (two courses each semester).
- Advise a full complement of students.
- Participate fully in the life of the school, fulfilling duty points through committees, clubs, and/or chaperoning school events.
We actively seek applicants who reflect and support our mission-driven commitment to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive school community. The School provides a competitive benefits package and salary is commensurate with experience. All faculty members at Concord Academy participate fully in the life of the school; responsibilities include advising, serving on committees and/or clubs, and periodically providing an adult presence at school events. Coaching an athletic team is welcomed but not required and is remunerated separately. On-campus housing may be available, but it is limited, and faculty members are not required to live at the School.
Interested candidates are asked to send a resume with a cover letter, transcript, and the names and contact information of three references to: Sarah Yeh Dean of Faculty HR+Directorofstudies@concordacademy.org