Concord Academy is an independent, coeducational boarding and day school founded in 1922. Located on Main Street in Concord, Mass., we are home to nearly 400 students in grades 9 through 12 from nearby towns and around the globe. Our mission centers on love of learning, respect for and inclusion of a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives and our covenant of common trust.
Concord Academy seeks a highly motivated individual to be part of an exciting team. Under the supervision of the Director of Enrollment Management, the Admissions Counselor will assist with recruiting, selecting, and enrolling a dynamic class of students every year. The Admissions Counselor will travel approximately four weeks per year, review applications, and will have programmatic responsibilities throughout the admission cycle. The Admissions Counselor assists in the daily operations of the office including database management, customer service, and other general office tasks.
- Helps to plan recruitment travel.
- Conducts two to four weeks of travel including nights and weekends and evening/weekend admissions work including conducting off-campus visits for prospective students, families and any other related events to represent the school at admission events and other forums with various constituent groups.
- Assists in implementing programs on and off campus for prospective students and their families.
- Interviews prospective students and their families and produces a comprehensive interview write-up.
- Serves as a member of an admissions committee who participates in the careful, thoughtful, confidential review of applications.
- Database management including data entry, the tracking and filing of all application credentials including SAO and Gateway, and creating and running reports.
- Aid in visit coordination, including booking appointments, helping to produce a daily visit schedule, confirming appointments by mail and phone, and greeting visitors.
- Processes I-20’s for incoming international students.
- Develops a genuine understanding and appreciation of all facets of Concord Academy by participating in the daily life of the school through serving as an advisor to current students and attending morning chapels and announcements, faculty meetings and other school events.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Enrollment Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, communication, analytical and organizational skills are critical.
- Must possess energy, enthusiasm, and a sense of humor.
- Experience working with students and parents is strongly preferred, particularly in independent boarding schools or colleges.
- Excellent interview skills with the ability to relate to a wide range of students and their families.
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to problem-solve.
- Adept in Word, Excel and Google applications and possesses the ability to quickly learn and adapt to new programs such as the office’s CRM, Ravenna.
- Work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to consistently provide a high level of customer service and responsiveness.
- Strong ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to multi-task and meet demanding time frames.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of professional judgment and discretion while maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to be mobile in a multi-story building and attend meetings throughout campus. Extended periods of sitting, standing, and working at the computer.
This is a year-round position. Salary is commensurate with experience, and this position is benefits eligible. Candidates must successfully complete a criminal background check.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Director of Enrollment Management
For more information about Concord Academy, please visit our website: concordacademy.org.