Reporting to the Director of Advancement and Engagement, the Advancement Assistant will join CA during a time of tremendous opportunity. The school will celebrate its centennial milestone in 2022, and is now in the midst of a major campaign that will position CA for its second century of leadership. The department seeks a dedicated, full-time, year-round assistant who will serve as “air traffic control” for a highly productive, service and goal-oriented team. The successful applicant will come prepared to take on wide-ranging tasks in support of the Centennial Campaign, CA’s Annual Fund, and Engagement programs. CA’s Advancement Assistant must be motivated and excited to seek out ways to improve results for the team continuously. Resourcefulness, the ability to think ahead, and a desire to lift the quality of work for all members of the team are critical to this role. Simply put, we are looking for an individual with a winning, can-do attitude who is eager to help drive progress in service of CA’s mission.
Support for Director of Advancement and Engagement
- Calendar management; schedule meetings, coordinate agendas, a/v needs, and produce appropriate materials;
- Maintain accurate donor and prospect records in Raiser’s Edge (database); this includes entering correspondence, facilitating contact reports, tracking meeting outcomes, action items, and next steps;
- Track Centennial Campaign data including volunteer assignments and fundraising progress; produce reports suitable for both internal and external audiences, with the end user’s goals and needs in mind;
- Serve as a helpful point of contact to facilitate volunteer assignments;
- Coordinate compilation of Board Reports; assist with Board Advancement Committee responsibilities and projects;
- Facilitate work across departments and with other members of the Senior Administrative team;
- Administer expense reports and assist with travel planning;
- Orchestrate logistics for department retreats and outings.
Support for Departmental Directors and Programs
- Provide support relating to the work of Departmental Directors: scheduling meetings, producing support materials for meetings, coordinating necessary follow-up, and undertaking special projects;
- Track fundraising across multiple audience segments, maintain gift and activity reporting, and assist with data analysis for Campaign and Annual Fund;
- Implement prospect management systems and processes, ensuring data integrity and productive flow of information across the team;
- Facilitate weekly gift acknowledgment process;
- Manage the Advancement and Engagement Office events calendar in coordination with the school’s master calendar;
- Support events from inception to execution, including Family Weekend, Gathering in Gratitude, Hall Fellowship, Alumnae/i Reunion, Campaign and Centennial Events, Commencement, and other regional and special events; serve as a key point of contact for vendors;
- Manage all Raiser’s Edge database-related event activity including, invitation lists, tracking RSVPs, production of name tags, on-site registration, and event wrap up;
- Work with the Director of Engagement and the Director of the Annual Fund to support Reunion programming, logistics, and fundraising.
- Support donor and volunteer stewardship activities in active collaboration with Donor Experience Officer;
- Assist with travel preparations and expense reporting across the team as needed;
- Keep the office stocked with necessary supplies, with a careful eye to budget parameters;
- Additional activities related to Centennial Campaign efforts, Annual Fund, volunteer management, and donor recognition as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- 2+ years of experience in an academic environment strongly preferred; or a career administrative assistant looking to bring their expertise to a highly-motivated team;
- Proficient in Raiser’s Edge (or another complex relational database) and working knowledge of queries and reporting function;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite with a focus on PowerPoint, Excel, and facility with learning new software/databases; Proficiency with Google Suite;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; must be a skilled proof-reader;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and attention to detail critical;
- Superb problem-solving skills.
Necessary Competencies and Qualities
- Desire to be part of CA’s community and participate fully in its success;
- Positive approach when working with donors, volunteers, and colleagues; service-orientated with superb interpersonal skills and proven ability to work effectively with all stakeholders in support of shared goals;
- Driven to deliver excellent results; must be comfortable working both independently and collaboratively within the context of a goal-oriented team;
- Ability to anticipate and help to resolve problems; able to prioritize and manage multiple projects within a fast-paced environment; flexibility and the ability to adjust to a dynamic environment with grace and positivity;
- Understands the importance of asking questions in order to move projects forward;
- Conscientious and thorough; a strong work ethic combined with a high degree of integrity, dependability, use of sound judgment, diplomacy and resourcefulness;
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality;
- Responsibility-oriented; not task-oriented;
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
How to Apply
Interested candidates, please submit a letter of interest and a resume to:
Director of Advancement & Engagement
Subject Line: Advancement Assistant