Concord Academy is an independent, coeducational boarding and day school founded in 1922. Located on Main Street in Concord, Mass., we are home to nearly 400 students in grades 9 through 12 from nearby towns and around the globe. Our mission centers on love of learning, striving for equity, and our covenant of common trust.
Concord Academy seeks a highly motivated individual to be part of an exciting team. Under the supervision of the Director of Enrollment Management, the Admissions Counselor will assist in the daily operations of the office including welcoming admissions visitors at our front desk, and database management and data entry for admissions and financial aid. This person is a key member of the admissions team who must be capable of maintaining both great discretion with sensitive materials and a professional and friendly demeanor in all circumstances. This position will assist with recruiting, selecting, and enrolling a dynamic class of students every year. The Admissions Counselor will conduct off-campus evening and weekend admissions work including school visits and attending school fairs, interviewing, reviewing applications, and will have programmatic responsibilities throughout the admission cycle.
- Helps to plan recruitment travel.
- Conducts evening/weekend admissions work including off-campus visits and programs for prospective students and their families, and representing the school at any other related admissions events or other forums with various constituent groups.
- Assists in implementing programs on and off-campus for prospective students and their families.
- Interviews prospective students and their families and produces a comprehensive interview write-up.
- Serves as a member of an admissions committee that participates in the careful, thoughtful, confidential review of applications.
- Database management including fast and accurate data entry, the tracking and filing of all application credentials including SAO and Gateway for admissions and SSS for financial aid, and creating and running reports, and assisting in tracking all admissions and financial aid application credentials.
- Aid in visit coordination, including booking appointments, helping to produce a daily visit schedule, confirming appointments by mail and phone, greeting visitors at the front desk, and maintaining the living rooms.
- Develops a genuine understanding and appreciation of all facets of Concord Academy by participating in the daily life of the school through serving as an advisor to current students and attending morning chapels and announcements, faculty meetings and other school events.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Enrollment Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, communication, analytical and organizational skills are critical.
- Must possess energy, enthusiasm, and a sense of humor.
- Experience working with students and parents is strongly preferred, particularly in independent boarding schools or colleges.
- Quick, accurate data entry skills, exceptional attention to detail, and the ability to problem-solve.
- Adept in Word, Excel, and Google applications and possesses the ability to quickly learn and adapt to new programs such as the office’s CRM, Ravenna. Interest in database management a plus.
- Work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to consistently provide a high level of customer service and responsiveness.
- Strong ability to work independently and as a team member to reach admissions and financial aid goals
- Ability to multi-task, meet demanding time frames, and be a highly productive team member in a fast-paced and goal-oriented office.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of professional judgment and discretion while maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to be mobile in a multi-story building and attend meetings throughout campus. Extended periods of sitting, standing, and working at the computer.
This is a year-round position. Salary is commensurate with experience, and this position is benefits eligible. Candidates must successfully complete a criminal background check.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Director of Enrollment Management
For more information about Concord Academy, please visit our website: concordacademy.org.