The Manager of Technology Integration is responsible for ensuring that faculty and non-teaching staff are able to utilize technology tools and systems effectively and productively across all departments. This professional’s primary responsibility is to support faculty and staff and, as such, should have excellent people skills along with a solid understanding of typical technology tools in use by non-profits and independent school faculty and staff.
This professional is a vital member of the IT Services team which includes the Manager of Administrative Systems, OunceIT (a managed service provider who manages the school’s helpdesk and infrastructure and advises the school on technology planning), the IT Task Force, the Senior Administration Team, and academic leaders. This professional supports and collaborates with all departments, including the business office, admissions, communications, advancement, and academics, and is responsible for supporting and training faculty and staff in their utilization of existing systems, supporting the school’s technology initiatives, and serves as project manager in the adoption, implementation, and management of new and existing systems. It is expected that this position will support Concord Academy’s (CA’s) mission and comply with the engagement standards.
- Provide training for CA faculty, staff, students
- In conjunction with the Manager of Administrative Systems and OunceIT to provide training for new faculty and staff on IT systems during orientation;
- Provide ongoing training and support to faculty and staff on existing systems
- Advise IT Task Force on CA community IT Training needs;
- Provides training and support to students to ensure access to appropriate technology tools.
- Support technology integration in the classroom and in administrative offices
- In conjunction with the Manager of Administrative Systems and OunceIT, ensure that all school systems are implemented properly and function in the best possible manner to support school operations
- Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot technical issues and work with the appropriate colleagues and vendor(s) to resolve any issues and/or outages
- Partner with leadership (academic, administrative, departmental, IT Task Force) to provide communication and support for existing and new technology solutions for faculty and staff
- Participate in the School’s technology planning process
- In conjunction with IT Services and the IT Task Force, help frame a long-range vision of technology that enhances business and academic operations and student learning;
- Under the direction of IT Services and the IT Task Force, this position will research, explore, and experiment with technologies to identify new opportunities for CA to more effectively conduct academic and business pursuits, as needed;
- Actively and regularly engage with faculty, staff, and students;
- Contribute and participate in all IT Task Force meetings.
- Participate as an active member of the IT Services team
- Reports to the CFO;
- Work collaboratively with OunceIT and the Manager of Administrative Systems;
- Act as a project manager, overseeing cyclical events like data refreshes, onboarding and offboarding of faculty, staff, and students, and overseeing the technological needs of school events;
- Act as a good steward of CA’s resources and ensure responsible use of IT departmental budgets;
- Assist with projects or tasks as needed to support the CA community;
- Contribute and participate in all IT Task Force meetings;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Project Management: This position will demonstrate the ability to lead IT projects from start to finish including communication, task assignment, working with outside vendors, assessing budgetary implications, training faculty and staff, meeting time deadlines, and apprising the IT Task Force and Senior Administration Team.
- Customer Service Orientation: Given the nature of the work, every interaction is a unique customer service experience. This position will have broad interaction across the community, providing support to faculty, staff, and students. In a boarding school environment, this may include some after hours support.
- Communication Skills: Strong written and verbal communication is required.
- Technical skills (to be assessed) including experience and comfort with:
- Student information systems, including PowerSchool;
- GSuite and other Google products;
- Common academic systems like Schoology and Hapara;
- Platforms including Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, and ChromeOS;
- Other school systems in use by departments including admissions, business, communications, advancement, and academics systems;
- Cloud-based tools like Trumba, OneLogin (or similar SSO systems), Evernote, and knowledge base/wiki tools in an academic setting;
- Basic networking and wireless networking concepts.
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- Minimum of three years of experience in K-12 education;
- Minimum of three years of experience in a customer-focused technical support role;
- Ability to traverse the CA campus including climbing stairs as well as sitting or standing for extended periods.
In addition to the qualifications listed above, this job requires the ability to productively engage every constituency at the school and to implement systems that touch all departments.
Interested candidates, please submit a letter of interest and a resume to:
Subject Line: Manager of Technology Integration