Reporting to the Director of Engagement, the Alumnae/i Engagement Officer is responsible for building relationships with CA graduates through wide-ranging activities that will enhance the future of our school. This frontline role will design and execute a strategic approach to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward our alumnae/i as partners and invested advocates. Volunteer management is a centerpiece of this important work. As part of a highly integrated team, this position will play a vital role in helping the Office of Advancement and Engagement achieve its near-term and long-range engagement and fundraising goals.
- Plan, implement, and promote alumnae/i programs that support the school’s mission as well as the goals of the Campaign in collaboration with colleagues; Manage events and programs including networking, reunions, local and regional receptions, CATalks, and other special events.
- Establish and build productive working relationships with a wide range of alumnae/i, locally regionally, nationally, and internationally; serve as an ambassador to 5,000 alumnae/i worldwide.
- Work closely with the Director of Engagement to further enhance the goals of the Alumnae/i Steering Committee. This includes staffing its committees and ensuring strong and productive relationships between its members, the school, and the alumnae/i body.
- Identify, train, and cultivate alumnae/i volunteers and leaders; manage 7-8 reunion committees
- Collaborate with the Communications Office to maintain regular communications with alumnae/i via email blasts, web page, print communications, and social media.
- Partner with the Annual Giving team on the CAYAC (Concord Academy Young Alumnae/i Committee) program; work together to educate current students about the alumnae/i network and engage them in programming.
- Actively manage a robust Class Secretary program including the compilation and submission of class notes as well as coordinate all aspects of alumni/a event communications.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
- Prior experience at an independent high school preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required, relational database experience (Raiser’s Edge) preferred;
- Possesses interest or experience in social media and email marketing and knowledge of using WordPress or another CMS.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with an ability to work collaboratively and courteously with colleagues through the office, alumni, other constituents and the public.
- Demonstrably strong writing, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to think strategically, thoughtfully, and purposely about volunteer management.
- Flexibility and initiative, as well as the ability to work independently, combined with the skills for thriving in a team environment to achieve the School’s goals.
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks with attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines.
- Customer service oriented.
- Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends as needed.
Interested candidates, please submit a letter of interest and a resume to:
Director of Advancement & Engagement
Subject Line: Alumni Engagement Officer